Button Board Overview and SetupC9 Trader users have the option to connect to counterparties and answer calls with a button board. The button board supports 24 configurable buttons across 25 pages of pagination for a total of 600 individual buttons that can be configured. Click Here for information on purchasing a button board.
To Configure the 24 Button Board:
- Connect the Button Board: Using the button board's USB cable, connect it to your computer. The Button Board Configuration window mirroring your device will display on the bottom of your C9 Trader Screen.
- Map Buttons: For each button displayed in the window, click the drop-down menu and select the connection you would like to assign to that button.
- Map Group Buttons: Groups that were created in the Group Broadcast section can be assigned to a button by selecting the group from the drop-down menu.
Additional Button Functions:
- Button Pinning: You can pin individual buttons to their location across all 25 pages of pagination. This is achieved by clicking the little pin icon on the button while looking at page 1.
- Note: Pinning a button will overwrite any preexisting button in that same location on subsequent pages.
- Float Buttons: You can assign a FLOAT button (using the drop-down menu) which holds a space on your button board for incoming calls from other pages on the board, so you easily access them. For example, if you assign a Float button on Page 1 of your button board and there is an incoming call on a button from Page 2, that call will move to your Float button, where it can be answered.
- Momentary Button State: Push to talk, the microphone is open while you hold the button down. This is the default for shoutdown connections.
- Latching Button State: One push will open the microphone (no holding necessary) and another push will close it. Please note: ringdowns can only be set as latching.
- Fixed Buttons: There are 8 predefined fixed buttons that function as:
- Handset: Pre-selects the Left or Right Handset prior to making a call. Selecting the Handset button once pre-selects the Left Handset and twice pre-selects the Right Handset, if applicable. The left or right LED above the button blinks to indicate the Left or Right handset has been selected
- Up Arrow: Page up on the button board.
- Down Arrow: Page down on the button board.
- Call Release: Press to release an active call.
- Button Presence Indicators: Connections that are mapped to your buttons will display on the button board screen, and will indicate the following:
- Black: Not Currently Active - Inactive either because that user is not currently logged in, or the button hasn't been accepted by anyone in the distant end.
- Blue: Active Connection - Accepted button, and user(s) is online.
- Green: Outgoing Connection - Current outgoing shoutdown or ringdown connection.
- Red: Incoming Connection - Incoming shoutdown or ringdown connection.
- Device Notification - Indication of the device being used on the call can be found in the upper right corner of the button - "M" for Microphone, "L" for Left Handset, and "R" for Right Handset.